En privat sajt med många skattetips och en guldgruva för dem som arbetar aktivt med skatter!

Denna webbplats administreras av Skattepunkten AB
Skattepunkten AB ger Dig professionell skatterådgivning

Kontakta Skattepunkten AB när Du behöver professionell hjälp av en skattekonsult.



I hope I'm placing this in the right forum!

I would appreciate some help with Swedish taxation and I hope it's OK if I explain this in English.

In short - Is the gift of money from my family abroad become liable to capital gains tax or a gift tax here in Sweden?

My parents in New Zealand have recently sold their home and we are discussing the possibility of the gifting to me a portion of the money from the sale of the family home to help my partner and I buy an apartment in Sweden. 

Will  I have to pay tax on the money when it arrives in Sweden? Or am I just liable for any capital gain the apartment makes when its time to sell?

Thank you.




2 Kommentarer
  1. anon
    D Andersson
    dec 11, 2019


    The gift is taxfree in Sweden. You will only be liable for Swedish tax on the capital gain when you sell the apartment.

    Kind regards


    Daniel Andersson är skattejurist hos Skattepunkten AB

  1. anon
    dec 13, 2019

    Thank you. Appreciate the help.